Almost a century has elapsed since the commission of the crime committed against the Ottoman Armenians in 1915, but unfortunately the effects of this crime have never stopped.
This book is primarily intended to provide an objective, realistic and innovative resolution for the "Armenian case".
The major difficulty of this work was the fact that my research was focused on events that happened for almost 100 years ago! And so there was a sort of "bridge" that I had to cross from one side, the history of the genocide and its past, and the other side, the present of the genocide and its future.
The essential aim of this work was to find a solution essentially to this "future", a solution based on the reality of things, objectivity and impartiality, in order to bring close the two countries in dispute. I felt like I was really on a mission to discover a new drug for a chronic disease.
In reality, the key issue addressed by this work may be summarized as follows:
What are the legal effects and consequences of the massacres committed against the Armenians in 1915 by the Ottoman Empire in international law, particularly that those massacres were committed long ago, even before the enactment of the 1948 Convention about the “crime of genocide”, under the law of treaties and the succession of States in respect of international responsibility? Is it then still possible by legal means to solve the "Armenian case", or it just became a matter of history without any possibility of judicial remedies, giving way to a political settlement as the only means of resolution
What did the law and international justice did to solve the “Armenian case”?
Isn’t it time to finally live in peace and look for once for what unites us and not what divides us?
This book highlights all legal issues related to the subject of the Armenian genocide, such as the conflict of Nagorno-Karabakh, as well as the effects of the crime on the accession of Turkey to the European Union by proposing feasible and justifiable solutions, based on logic and international law.
I hope that this book will be considered a message of support, however small, to the Armenian people and even for the Turkish people, and an act of gratitude and fidelity to the spirit of the victims of the Armenian Genocide, as well as to the spirit of my ancestors.
Point of Sale
- Title: "Les effets juridiques des massacres commis contre les Arméniens en 1915 et leurs modes de résolutions judiciaires et extrajudiciaires possibles".
- Author: Dr. Rodney Dakessian
- ISBN: 978-9953-66-252-7
- For Any Purchase: Please contact your bookseller or SADER Editeurs directly:
SADER Editeurs, Dekweneh, Facing Lebanese University
P.O. Box: 55530 Beirut - Lebanon
Téléfax: +961 1 488776
And in the following international libraries:
- (FNAC) http://livre.fnac.com/…/Rodney-Dakessian-Les-effets-juridiq…
- (LGDJ) http://www.lgdj.fr/…/effets-juridiques-massacres-commis-con…
- (Decitre) http://www.decitre.fr/…/effets-juridiques-des-massacres-com…
- (Priceminister) http://www.priceminister.com/…/effets-juridiques-des-massac…
- (Chapitre) http://www.chapitre.com/…/les-effets-juridiques-des-massacr…
- (Furet) http://www.furet.com/les-effets-juridiques-des-massacres-co…
- (Cultura) http://www.cultura.com/effets-juridiques-des-massacres-comm…
- (Goodreads) https://www.goodreads.com/…/23523543-effets-juridiques-des-…
N.B.: The Armenian version of the book is available in all bookstores of Yerevan.